Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. The foundation is based in Zurich, Switzerland. With 90 million in annual turnover, Swisscontact is now implementing more than 100 projects in 32 countries. Swisscontact has been active in Indonesia for the past 42 years.
The Swisscontact Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, is currently accepting applications for the position of:
YOUTH SKILLS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM OFFICER (Job Code : YSDPO),
Based in Luwu Sulawesi Selatan
The Youth Skills Development PO will have three main tasks:
- Assist in implementing the work of a specialist consultant to establish a STEM (Science Technology Engrineering and Math) based curriculum focused on agriculture for vocational high schools (SMK) aimed at equipping young people to work in the cocoa industry,
- Assist in establishment of an informal youth network in the same location and facilitate the young people in identifying capacity building needs and looking for ways to equip youth with the skills they need to succeed in the cocoa industry.
- Ensure accurate, timely and effective communication between all alliance partners of Swisscontact and establishing mechanisms for smooth coordination and advocacy of all partners within the Youth Skill Development Program.
- University Bachelor’s degree such as social science, agriculture, economics or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years in program design and implementation for an NGO or educational program
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience in youth skills-development programs (required)
- Experience facilitating and working with youth and understand of youth development and child protection/child rights is an advantage
- Experience report writing in Bahasa Indonesia and English (required) Ability to work legally in Indonesia
- Excellent communication skills in English: native speaker or at least C1 / CEFR (written and spoken)
- Native spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and expert knowledge of Indonesian government structure on local, provincial and national levels
- Strong coordination/team cooperation skills (required)
- Active communicator (required)
- Proven intercultural skills (required)
- Excellent time management skills
- Expert use of MS Office
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your CV until April 9th, 2017 at the latest with a JOB CODE on Email subject to: